Saturday, December 7, 2013

Thanksgiving - Our Favorite Food Fest

Last Sunday on the CBS morning show there was a video editorial by a woman who vehemently denounced those who photograph their food and put it on social media.  I agree that there is a great deal of minutia on social media but I do think there is another way to look at the sharing of food...even if only a symbolic sharing such as a photograph.  From campfire to kitchen, to restaurants and now social media, civilizations have connected, shared ideas and enjoyed the company of friends and family around food.  I smiled as several of my nieces ( all sisters ) shared pictures of their Thanksgiving feast on instagram.  Each living in different parts of the United States and unable to spend Thanksgiving with their extended family, they shared their food and thus symbolically, their Thanksgiving with each other. 

 At one time people lived  their entire lives in the same community, but now we are on the move.  We are global, and this is how we feel connected to those not living close by.  So I will symbolically share Thanksgiving with those I care about and post some food pictures.  Sorry CBS...you didn't influence me! And that's my nice reply.

Cole and Tanisha's family made me laugh as the boys arrived in their interpretation of the first Thanksgiving.






Aaron and Georgia went all out with their vegetable contribution.




Liz was not to be out done by anyone with her creative "turkey" salad.




The children enjoyed the sunny outdoors.

Afton made wonderful pies that we were more excited about eating than photographing.  We had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Great food. Great family. Great fun.  And undoubtedly everyone gained a pound or two.



1 comment:

  1. Well, I LOVE the pictures of your food. So creative in their presentations! I gotta remember that turkey salad for next year. Cracked me up. And, of course, your grandchildren are adorable.

    ReplyDelete